Friday, May 25, 2012

Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim Hike

 5:45AM getting ready to begin our hike.We were in for quite an adventure.

 South Rim View

 View of the Colorado River

We all had a great time hiking together. Everyone did so awesome!

 7miles down-check. 7miles across-check. 4.3 miles of uphill done and just 2.7miles left to go. (This picture was taken right before I hurt my knee pretty badly. Troy had to push me up the last 2.5 miles. I could not have done it without him. It was great to experience this amazing hike with him.Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one with a bummed knee. My brother in-law hurt his knee shortly after our 7 mile descend but he pushed pass the pain and even cruised the last 7 miles uphill. 
7 miles down,7 miles across, and 7 miles straight up! So this was probably the hardest thing, next to giving birth, that I have ever done. I was pushed past my physical limit. I was completely exhausted and I suffered a major knee injury the last 2.5 miles, straight uphill! But I DID IT!!!! and I will probably do it again because I am an idiot for pain. 


0 comments: