Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Tease

"Spring tease" is not my favorite time of year. One day my kids are riding their bikes and enjoying the fresh air and the next, we are bundled together around our kitchen table drinking warm cocoa.

This is what it looks like when my kids are able to enjoy the "semi" good weather. Notice that the girls are only in sight. Where is Teni? Well, Teni goes missing when it starts warming up and I mean he is MIA for hours! Until of course he needs to use the bathroom or gets hungry.

I finally spotted Teni riding his scooter around the block.


Alyia is nothing like Teni. She will play outside for maybe an hour and then will have to come inside because "her legs hurt"...at least that's what she claims.

But I do find her doing a lot of this....

Alyia can work on her puzzles for hours. I don't know where she gets the patience. Honestly I find it a bit boring, but she enjoys it.

Jordyn is like her older brother. She can play outside until the sun goes down. She kicks and screams when it is time to come in. Usually it ends with a threat like, "if you don't come inside then I will sasa you" or " if you don't come inside then Alyia will eat your dinner!"...this threat seems to be the most effective. If you know Jordyn, you would know that she LOVES her food.

I love this girl! but I don't love her "camera" smile. Naturally her smile just melts my heart but this smile makes me cringe. When Jordyn sees a camera she sticks her jaw out. Makes her look like she has a major under bite.

and here's another one.

Ahhhhh that's what Im talking about. Love this sweet picture of Jordyn.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Spring Tease - you're right, that is exactly what it is. But wow - I'll take it. Anything to get the kids out of the house. And isn't so fun when you live in a neighborhood where your kids can run and play for hours. Good times!

Kaye and Jared said...

You're kids are so cute!! It looks nothing like our outside right now. Maybe in another month or so hopefully!!