Saturday, July 18, 2009

Troy's very first triathlon!

Troy completed a sprint triathlon in Logan...his very 1st! It was so fun to watch him at each leg of the race. I especially loved being there to cheer him on. He did GREAT and I am so proud of his hard work.

Jesse,Mark and Troy
(they all trained together for this race)
Troy getting ready to start his 500meter swim.


Troy completed his swim at a faster time than he expected. (11min and 14secs)


Just finished biking 12.5miles
(completed biking in 41min and 2secs)

Finish a 3.1mile run.
Finishing strong. (completed run in 28min and 40secs)


Teni was at the finish line cheering on his dad.
What an accomplishment! He finished the triathlon with the total time of 1hr and 25min.

5 comments:

Monica said...

That is awesome Troy! Way to go. And you look so good after. Matt's after-completion picture is him sprawled out trying not to die.

It was fun to have you guys over yesterday. The kids loved it! Thanks for visiting.

Rob and Heather said...

Hooray!!! Troy that is so cool. That race looks amazing. I bet you are getting ready for another one. A great way to stay in shape!!!

Kaye and Jared said...

I was going to call and see how it went! Looks like it turned out really good! Who'd have thought troy would run...swim...and bike...all in one. I think it's awesome!!

Carsen and Lesina said...

Way to go Troy. I can tell by those pics that he finished right before the old man and that one girl....good thing he didn't let them pass him...lol. Naw but for reals that's amazing now please try to train Carsen for one.

T. Palepoi said...

Awesome job Troy!!! Wow, very impressive, maybe next he'll be in the IRONMAN race held here every October.. he he he... total inspiration!! Keep on Troy! Love you guys...