We started our 4th of July bright and early at 5:30 am!!!... to see the hot air balloon extravaganza in Provo. It was pretty cool to see these balloons up close. Teni's favorite hot air balloon was Tony the Tiger. It was my family's first to see this event but definitely not our last!
My niece Rya w/ Jordyn
There was a creek right behind our campsite and it was a huge hit for the kids. They played in it all day.
Teni,Elle and Olivia
Vita was the perfect cook. He made his famous teriyaki burgers and they were the BOMB!
A party isn't complete without playing spades and dominos.
Carsen was unbeatable at this game
After leaving the campsite we headed into Provo to complete our night by watching Stadium of Fire's fireworks show. We parked close enough to enjoy the show but far enough to miss the traffic. The kids sat in the back of uncle Sherman's truck. I've got to admit that I was really disappointed with the show. It maybe lasted all of 15 minutes..maybe 20 and after just 5 minutes of beginning, the fireworks came to a DEAD STOP...that's right, we sat for 10 minutes with nothing. I have no idea what the delay was but they finally started up again but not for much longer. I've seen the firework show at the Stadium of Fire about 5 years ago and it was absolutely amazing and so I was expecting the same show but was sadly disappointed. It was a blessing in disguise since my family was so exhausted from our crazy day that we had to wake the kids up to watch the show. I was glad to have the day end. We were completely pooped and now we are trying to recover from our fun filled day!




7 comments:
Yes so much fun! who cares if the fire works were doo doo kids still thought they were amazing!
Looks like so much fun. We were pretty boring here. So glad to see that ya'll had a good day.
Looks like you guys had a busy, fun day! All the kids are getting so big!
what a fun day! glad to see you put your volcano to good use. you guys are turning in to quite the campers!
Sounds like a fun FULL day. Wow - it would take something really special to get my kids up that early - you are brave.
We had so much fun meeting Tenny, Mark and hanging out with Janet and Nette...ughhh never like seeing any of them going home! Your so funny..."love hate realtionship with my blog"....LOL..I love that! Well, I'm glad you enjoy reading it, because that's the only reason why I have one in the first place!! I love the new pix with the families...the kids are so dang big!!
Segi~ Looks like you guys had a blast on the 4th... The pictures are so colorful too =) I can't believe how big Tenny, Aliyah, and baby are...and you're still skinny as ever!! We are well, surviving out here in paradise =)... Love you!
Post a Comment