This time last year I was on bed rest in the hospital trying my hardest not to give birth to Lincoln early. I wasn't even 34 weeks along and I was having major premature contractions. I was given a few shots of morphine to reduce the contractions but I was in no condition to go anywhere. We had signed Teni up just a month before to mutton bust in the Fiesta Days Rodeo. I was totally bummed that I wasn't able to go and that I would be missing out on his first attempt at mutton bustin:( So this year we signed him up again, hoping that he would get another try at it, and he did!!!...And I was able to go!!! Last year he mutton busted in Fiesta Days Rodeo pre show and this year he actually got to mutton bust during the main show. I was sooo happy to be there. Teni did awesome and was such a good sport about it!
We also were interviewed by a reporter from the Daily Herald. She asked me and Teni about how we got involved with mutton bustin. Here is the actual interview that was in the Daily Herald just a few days before the rodeo:
Segi Worthen's son Teni will be riding sheep on Monday night in the rodeo.
"We've
lived in Spanish Fork for five years, and we like to experience
everything that the city has to offer. We heard about mutton bustin'
through a friend and got Teni involved. Last year, he got right on and
fell right off. It lasted less than a second. The sheep bucked him right
off. He fell off and got right back up. He loves stuff like that. He's
all boy," Worthen said.
Teni can expect family and extended family
on Monday in support of his ride, and this time he has a plan to stay
mounted longer. "I'm excited to try staying on the sheep as long as I
can. I'm going to wrap my arms around it and hold on to its hair," the
7-year-old said.
"Last year, we had no idea what to do," Worthen
said. "We just told him to hold on tight. This year we're telling him to
wrap his arms around the neck and grab on tight to the sheep's hair."
Check Teni out!
Teni was excited to have his cousins be there and cheer him on
We had a great time at the rodeo together!
The very next morning Teni woke up bright and early to run his very first road race, The Speedy Spaniard Mile Run!
Troy was not prepared to see Teni cross the finish line so fast. He barely was able to catch this picture of him. Teni ran his race in a speedy time of 7 min. and 44 secs! We are so proud of him. He took 4th place in his age group of 5-9 and 14th place overall. He was the first 7 yr old to cross the finish line! We are so proud of him:)
After Teni's early morning race we headed straight to the Spanish Fork parade.
Lincoln and Troy
All the kiddos enjoying the parade
Later in the evening my family came over for some late night fun.
This is my cheesy niece Taytum:) I love this girl!
and my other niece Farrah
My handsome nephew Ryce
Teni
Alyia
Ryce,Elle, and Jordyn.
Elle and Jordyn were too chicken to hold a sparkler but they loved cheesing it up for the camera.
Our 24th was a blast!


1 comments:
That is so awesome Teni. I'm impressed with the race - way to go!
Post a Comment