Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Fun

When the kids woke up Easter morning they realized that the Easter Bunny left a trail of easter eggs all through the house.....

down the stairs......

and in the most peculiar places....

eventually leading to thier easter baskets!!!


Jordyn especially loved the plastic egg shells.


After church we went to Tom and Hayley's house for lunch and then had an awesome easter egg hunt!!! The kids were in heaven.
Alyia's first egg.
Teni not missing an inch.
Troy and I tried so hard to get a great shot of all the kids together in their Easter outfits but it just didn't turn out. Jordyn wouldn't stop crying unless I was holding her and Alyia and Teni could not sit still longer than 5 seconds. These pictures are the best we could do!

We had such a hard time getting Alyia to look right into the camera but I thought this picture turned out so cute! It captured her personality at its best.

The meaning of Easter:
I made "special" eggs for our easter egg hunt. After our kids gathered all the eggs in the house I asked them to give me the "special" eggs that had numbers on the shells. They didn't contain yummy chocolates or sour candy but instead they had something that symbolized our Savior Jesus Christ's resurrection. We opened each of them and discussed the real meaning of Easter. My friend gave me this idea and I loved it!
1. Leaves: Represents the garden of Gethsemane where Jesus suffered for our sins
2. Coin: Represents the price of Judas’ betrayal
3. A miniature crown of thorns – Represents Jesus’ trial, mockery, and punishment at the hands of the Jews and Romans.
4. A nail – Represents His crucifixion
5. White cloth – Represents His burial in the tomb
6. A small, round, flat stone – Represents the stone that covered the borrowed tomb
8. An empty plastic egg – Represents the empty tomb symbolizing Jesus’s resurrection
9. Flowers – Represents the resurrected Christ’s appearance to Mary in the Garden near the tomb

10 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

What a fun little mommy you are! I really like the idea of having the eggs leading to the Easter baskets! Jordyn is getting so big!

Kaye and Jared said...

Looks like you guys hada great day!! I loved your idea of the trail of eggs. I have the easter story in the eggs too and so I did that for my young woman's lesson. They'd never seen it before. Your kids are DARLING!!

Monica said...

That is awesome. What a super fun Easter you had and I love that your "Christ" eggs were just mixed in with all the others. I bet your kids had a blast!

The Perkins Fam said...

I can't believe how big your children are! Good grief!! Olivia is dying to see them so I better quit being a lazy one and call you. I love the egg idea. That is awesome!!!

Carsen and Lesina said...

Dang you went all Martha Stewart with the Eggs, great and creative idea. Ok Alyia and Jordyn's dresses are beautiful, orange looks great on all the kids. Very cute pictures.

Rob and Heather said...

What a great day you guys had. Love the cute children's Place dresses. So cute.

Nimo said...

Very cute Segi. Your kids are adorable.

Hayley said...

Cute pictures...and cute easter outfits! Too bad the weather isn't cooperating with our new clothing!

Fields Family said...

the kids look so cute! the easter trail is such a good idea..love the pics

Mama Pula said...

M for major Easter EFfort....you are the bomb! I went so late this year that I baked for easter. The kids didni't mind! So are you coming in June with all the rest of the fam?? Hope so!

can't wait to meet the rest of Tony's family!