Tuesday, March 1, 2005

2005 The Year of Teniseli Worthen

"I am Finally Here"
What A Chunk!
Proud Daddy
On Feb. 27 at 5:45 AM Teniseli Worthen was born. He weighed 9lbs 14oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. It was such a long process but I was just happy to know that Teni was healthy. The delivery was sooo tough and very long. Teni, like his father has very broad shoulders which doctors thought they would have to dislocate to "pull" him out, but luckily I was able to push him out before they could have it done. After delivering him I expected the nurses to bring Teni to me so I can hold him but that didn't happen at all. They quickly rushed him out with Troy and I found myself all alone with about 7 nurses and my doctor. I immediatly knew something was wrong when I saw a very concerned look on my doctor's face. Come to find out my uterus was not contracting which caused me to lose alot of blood. Eventually I was given a blood transfusion and things got better. My uterus slowly starting contracting after I was given another dose of potocin, which by the way does not feel good especially because my epidural wore off. After about an hour of hospital staff working on me I was finally able to see and hold Teni. It was like nothing I ever imagined. He was absolutely beautiful. His face was bruised because of the tough delivery but other than that, he was perfect. I can't believe how much this little guy means to me. As soon as he was delivered Troy couldn't help himself but cry. I knew exactly what Troy was feeling because when I held Teni for the first time my reaction was the same, nothing but tears. We are so excited and blessed to have Teni with us and I can't imagine life without him. He is absolutely amazing and has such a sweet spirit. This was definitely the hardest thing I have ever done but the greatest thing I have ever accomplished.

We love you Teni!

2 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Wow - he was a chunker! What a cutie though!

Side note: Feb 27 is my bday! So, Teni and I share our bday! hehe :)

Rob and Heather said...

Segi - So glad that you are doing this... What a cherished keepsake!